Student Loan Coaching
Borrowing to pay for college is the easy part. Repaying the debt is much harder. To know which options are best for you, your career prospects and your budget, it helps to have access to an expert who can guide you through the complexity of the various programs, explain your options under each, and take into account the context of your financial circumstances. We speak the language of student loan financing fluently, and are ready to work with you in a one-on-one student loan counseling session.
To speak with a counselor, call toll-free 888-456-2227.
Monday–Thursday 7:30 AM–6 PM, Friday 7:30 AM–5 PM, Saturday 9 AM–2 PM (Pacific Time)
Monday–Thursday 10:30 AM–9 PM, Friday 10:30 AM–8 PM, Saturday 12 PM–5 PM (Eastern Time)
If you are already out of school, we will first review your current source(s) of income and then look at your student loan debt and any other outstanding debt you may have, such as a mortgage, car loan or credit card debt. If you are still in school or about to enroll, we will look at your financial circumstances—including those of your family, if appropriate—and discuss your expectations for the future to help guide you toward a program that will serve you going forward. Our student loan counselors will:
- Conduct a thorough budget analysis of your income, expenses, and debt obligations.
- Provide a comprehensive review of your federal student loans.
- Evaluate which repayment and/or postponement options you may be eligible for.
- Determine how to address defaulted student loans, if applicable.
- Determine whether consolidation is a good option, if applicable.
- Based on your cash flow and goals, we will provide recommendations for addressing federal student loans and specific next steps to get you started.